It's an Electric Spyder
Once running the track time sheet will be added to the page. I'm shooting for 0 to 60 mph in under 5 seconds. The car weighs 2600
pounds and the weight ratio, front to rear is 44/56. The motor develops over 300 horsepower.
Heres what's under the hood.
- Kostov DC motor
- 2 T-Rex controller from DC Power Systems now ALLTrax, Inc (1000 amp)
- 24 Optima
yellow top batteries
- 3 Zivan battery chargers
- 23 PowerCheq battery equalizers
- Todd DC to DC converter
- 2 Kilovac EV250-2A contactor from CII Technologies (same as the one in the EV1)
- Link 10 (E-Meter) from Xantrex for voltage reading and for gather data for the Palm display
- Heineman circuit breaker
- 800 amp fuse
- small motorcycle battery
- lots of 2/0 cable
- Pirelli P7000 Supersport tires
Here's a schematic of the car's power
See how it all came together at .
The history of the Spyder's constructions
is here (more pictures).
Check out the great Kit Car Builder article by Jim Youngs on the car here.
Special thanks to Gary Flo owner of InnEVations who supplied most of the electronic components and lots of